Sunday, April 5, 2009

check list

So I took a couple of checklists for my husband's sanity and averaged out the amounts. I don't know if I need all this or what but we will see....



Any feedback is appreciated



NURSERY NEEDS
3-4 Crib Sheets (2 of them came with my bedding yeehaw so I need 2 more)
3-4 Bassinet Sheets
2-6 Waterproof Pads (I use these for a million different things.)
2 Mattress Pads
2 Stroller Blankets
√ 2-5 Recieving Blankets
Blankets
Mobile
Bassinet, Cradle, or Co-Sleeper (A MUST for us)
Crib with a Crib Mattress
Changing Table
Diaper Pail
Bouncer or Infant Chair
Rocking Chair
Baby Monitor
Infant Swing (A portable one will be handy with all our traveling we do as well as a bigger one that will stand the test of time)
Night Light
Pack and Play (we have a pretty heavy travel schedule so this is a must)
Dresser


√ Bedding Sets (We are starting to think Sir Leaps Alot could be girlie)

(I ended up with two. I may sell one. One is Peter Rabbit and the other is Wendy Bellissimo's Sir Leaps Alot. I hope they are both unisex!)

Clothing

√ 3-10 Short Sleeve Onesies Newborn Sized (ct 19)
(I have ten of these some are white some have color, Do I need Long sleeve? I know I will need bigger ones that go up to 12 lbs)
√ 6-8 Stretchies or PJ's (ct 14)
1-2 Two piece outfits (August is an inbetween month weather wise here so I will need some for the hot weathered days and the cooler weather days. (ct 4 Summer 2 winter)
3-6 Rompers (I have two summer three winter)
√ 3-6 Gowns (ct 11)
2-3 Blanket Sleepers (I have two I need one more)
√ 1-3 Sweaters (ct 5)
√ 1-3 Hats (ct 11), The suggestion on Xanga was 10?
√ 1 snowsuit
6-8 Socks (ct 3)
6 Bibs
3-6 Washable Pants (do they mean like diaper covers cause I put this under clothing LOL!)
6 Kimono's and or T-shirts (I got three newborn sized Kimono things for the first week of life. I need 3 more) I have 2 kimono's that are 0-3 months. I guess I need preemie and newborn because I don't see me using this past when the Belly Button heals
Home from the Hospital Keepsake Outfit and Maybe another one for pictures
√ 2 Newborn Hand Mittens (So they don't scratch their face)
3-10 Up to 12 lbs (0-3 Months sized) Onesies (I know i will use these when it gets cooler!
6 T-Shirts 0-3 month sizes (I have 1 I think I need 5 more but I am not sure? I don't think I will use these too much)
3-10 Long sleeve onesies possibly? Newborn and or 0-3 month sized? I have 2 long sleeve onesies do I need 8 more?

I bought the baby an off white and tan jacket

CHANGING SUPPLIES

I plan on doing mostly disposable but I probably will do some cloth diapers
10-12 per day of the Disposable Diapers. (How many of each size should I buy ahead of time?)
2-5 Dozen cloth diapers
Baby Diapers
Wipe Warmer
4-6 Diaper Pins
3 diaper covers I need 3 more

BATHING AND GROOMING SUPPLIES

2-4 Towels (I have 3 I need one more)
Tons Washcloths (ct 7)
Baby Bath
Baby Shampoo
Baby Oil Creamy
Rash Cream
Vaseline
Cleaning Wipes
Cotton Balls
Baby Nail Clippers
Baby Brush and Comb (I would like two, one for travel or the diaper bag)
Baby Tub

HEALTHCARE SUPPLIES
Tylenol
Antibiotic
Peroxide
Calamine Lotion
Hydrocortisone Cream
Rehydration Fluid
Sunscreen
Rubbing Alcohol
Medicine Syringe
Gauze
Tweezers
Nasal Aspirator
Thermometer
Q-Tips

GEAR FOR GETTING AROUND

Travel System
Extra Carseat with Base or just extra base
Baby Sling or Baby Carrier (I would like one of each)
Diaper Bag
Car Seat Cover
Stroller Blanket
Convertable Car Seat

FEEDING ACCESSORIES

12 Burp Cloths
6 Four Ounce Bottles
10-12 Eight Ounce Bottles
4-6 Bottles for Breastmilk Storage with Caps
Breast Pump
? Milk Bags
? Pacifer
High Chair (we want something like this http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-High-Chair/dp/B001HTJQNA/qid=1236719395/ref=br_1_67/192-6864824-4891335?ie=UTF8&node=1041930&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=1041930&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=1)
Bottle Brush
2w 2 Weeks of Formula if I can't breastfeed
lanolin
Breast Pads
3 Nursing Bras
Boppy
Water for Formula if Applicable
dishwasher caddy (suggested on Xanga THANKS I totally forgot)
drying caddy (for storage)

OTHER

Gates
Exosaucer
All Free and Clear Baby detergent (any other suggestions)
Saline Nose Spray
Gas Drops
Liquid Benedryl
Did I already say Boppy? There are so many different ones...
Xanga suggestion ~ "would only get 2 packages of newborn sized and 3-4 packages of size 1 4 packages of size 2 and then 6 packs of size 3 they seem to say in those the longest, for cloth diapers you need special detergent and a stripping agent and make sure you wash them about 7 times beore using them if you've never used cloth diapers just email me and ill give you the info. you also need your wipes either the disposable kind of the cloth kind and with that some solution . and a tub to put them in. you'll need some type of diaper pail for the cltoh diapers and a diaper genie or a diaper dekor plus is what we have and love it. you will also want a blanket to cover up the baby while your chaign them so they wont get cold and a special toy that they cna play or lok at jsut when they are being changed this will help imensily when they get older and want to scoot all over the place, also have extra socks on the changing table dont ask me why but they always seem to stick thir foot or sock in poo and then they need new ones. make suretoget a coolmist humdifier most babies get congested with in 2 weeks of coming home and thats the only thing that will help them sleep"


Thank you to http://www.xanga.com/starry4life for the suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers